Roadside bomb wounds 5 civilian in Afghanistan
Five civilians were injured Thursday as a roadside bomb went off in Khost province, some 150 km southeast of capital Kabul, officials said.
The blast occurred at around 9:30 local time in Nadir Shah Kot district outside provincial capital Khost city, district chief Qasim Shirzai told.
He said the bomb was intentionally targeted a police vehicle that has passed the road but injured four civilians, Shirzai added.
However, Amir Badshah Mangal, director of provincial health department told the five injured, two of them seriously, had been taken to hospital for medical treatment.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far. However Taliban militants have been often blamed for organizing such attacks by officials.
A total of 2,043 civilians were killed and more than 5,000 others injured in Taliban-led violence and attack across the militancy-hit Afghanistan in 2010, according to Interior Ministry.