Code 36617
PublishDate: 10 Year Ago
The first incident occurred in the shape of roadside bombing and targeted a van of intelligence service in Jalalabad city, capital of the eastern Nangarhar province.

Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, spokesman for the provincial administration, said the attack injured six people.

However, he avoided commenting whether the blast harmed the security personnel.

Regarded as a peaceful province in east Afghanistan, Nangarhar has been the scene of explosions this month as another explosion targeting the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force in Jalalabad city on April 7 injuring 10 people all of whom civilians.

Hours later on Saturday morning, another blast also in the shape of roadside bombing, struck a police vehicle in Khost province, leaving two policemen dead and injuring three others.

"The incident occurred in Dawamanda district at 09:30 a.m. local time killing two policemen and wounding three others,"Syed Ahmad Khan Wafa, governor of Dawamanda district, told Xinhua.

He also added that the police were on the way to Gerdez city when came across the deadly blast.

Wafa blamed the enemies of peace, a term used against Taliban militants, for the mishap but the outfit has yet to make comment.

No group or individual has so far claimed the responsibility.

Militancy obviously is getting new momentum since spring onset in the post-Taliban country as the Taliban birthplace Kandahar in south Afghanistan experienced bloody day on Thursday.

Three blasts including two terrorists attacks in Kandahar on Thursday left around a dozen people dead, all civilians and injured over three dozen others, according to local officials.

Military officials predict more violence this year in Afghanistan as Taliban militants have vowed to speed up activities against Afghan and NATO-led forces stationed in the war-ravaged nation.

Your comment

  • AvaAdvertisement

Related posts

Latest news

  • AvaAdvertisement