New Cabinet Members Announced, Inauguration Cancelled
Some new members of the caretaker cabinet of the Taliban were announced on Tuesday with an effort to ensure inclusivity by adding "minorities" to the cabinet as Zabihullah Mujahid, the deputy minister for information and culture, said.
Afghan Voice Agency (AVA)_Mujahid also announced that the for the new government was canceled due to their focus on providing service to the people at this point.
Responding to a question on the status of the new cabinet, Mujahid expressed his hope that the international community will recognize their cabinet in near future.
Mujahid also talked about the country's economic situation and said that the domestic revenues might be enough for basic needs.
"We are using all diplomatic channels to unfreeze the Afghan assets," said.
When asked about the women’s affairs ministry and girls' education, Mujahid said the is working to address women’s demands for work and education.
"We are working to complete the procedures so that girls can resume their education," he said.
Figures by watchdog organizations show that 153 media outlets have stopped operation in the last month for various reasons, including lack of access to information and .
However, Mujahid vowed that the Afghan media will be allowed to operate.
"Media are important and we support the media. There have been some problems in provinces that are being addressed," he added.
He also said the 's main radar was badly damaged and international will resume after it is repaired. He added that helicopters at the Kabul airport were destroyed "by American soldiers."
List of the new members of the caretaker cabinet announced:
• Haji Nooruddin Azizi, acting minister of commerce
• Haji Mohammad Bashir, deputy minister commerce
• Haji Mohammad Azim Sultanzada, deputy minister of commerce
• Qalandar Ebad, acting minister of public health
• Abdulbari Omar, deputy minister of public health
• Mohammad Hassan Ghiasi, deputy minister of public health
• Mullah Mohammad Ibrahim, deputy minister of interior affairs for security
• Mullah Abdul Qayyum Zakir, deputy minister of defense
• Nazar Mohammad Mutmaeen, acting head of the National Olympic Committee
• Mujiburrahman Omar, deputy minister of energy and water
• Ghulam Ghaws, deputy minister of disasters management
• Mohammad Faqir, acting chairman of Central Statistics Authority
• Haji Gul Mohammad, deputy minister borders and tribal affairs
• Gul Zarin Kochai, deputy minister of borders and tribal affairs
• Arsala Kharoti, deputy minister of refugees and repatriation affairs
• Lotfullah Khairkhwa, deputy minister of higher education
• Najibullah, director of the Nuclear Energy Department