Daesh claims responsibility for Nangarhar explosions
Islamic State (ISIS-K/Daesh) has claimed responsibility for a series of bomb blasts in the city of Jalalabad in eastern Afghanistan, the group’s Amaaq News Agency said on its Telegram channel on Sunday.
Afghan Voice Agency (AVA)_“More than 35 (Islamic Emirate) militia members were killed or wounded, in a series of explosions that took place,” ISIS said, referring to blasts on Saturday and Sunday.
There was no immediate comment from the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan about the death toll.
Islamic Emirate officials said on Sunday that at least two people were killed and 15 wounded in Saturday’s explosions.
Eyewitnesses and Nangarhar hospital sources said the death toll was seven and 25 wounded.
This comes after U.S. Defense Secretary and American intelligence officials warned last week that al-Qaeda or ISIS-K could regenerate in Afghanistan and pose a threat to the United States in one year to two years.