Code 238134
PublishDate: Sunday, August 8, 2021 15:16

Commandos launch operation to push back Taliban from Kunduz city

Afghan commandos have launched a clearance operation in Kunduz city to push back the Taliban, the Defense Ministry said.

Afghan Voice Agency (AVA)_According to the ministry, commandos have already cleared the General Raziq Square in the city and the offices of Afghan National Radio and Television (RTA).

An Afghan Special Forces commander, , says the Taliban has intensified its attacks on city in the past 24 hours, but the group has suffered “heavy casualties.”

He assured Kunduz residents that the security forces will defend the city.

So far no details have been given on casualties.

However, video footage posted to social media platforms shows some shops and a building caught fire during clashes on Sunday morning.

The Taliban has however claimed that they have captured Kunduz province.

Tags

Your comment

Related posts

Latest news