Code 236443
PublishDate: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 16:16

Alaysa District Of Kapisa Falls To Taliban

Local officials in Kapisa province said that the Alaysa district of the province has fallen to the Taliban after days of siege. Mohammad Hussain Sanjani, head of the Kapisa provincial council, told Hashte Subh daily that the district fell on Wednesday.

Afghan Voice Agency (AVA)_According to the head of Provincial Council, the Taliban are currently present at the headquarters of the district. There were reportedly two army units with 115 soldiers in the district, which surrendered to the Taliban after days of siege and lack of aid. This is the first district in Kapisa province to fall to the Taliban.

Security officials and members of the provincial council also claimed that Firuzan Khachir in , Gilan in Ghazni and Khakriz in Kandahar have been taken out of government control. In Samangan province, Firuzan Khachir district has also fallen to the Taliban. Munir Rahimi, spokesman for the Samangan Police Command, said that the security and defense forces, with all their facilities and equipment, had pulled out from the district last night to prevent a human catastrophe and casualties.

According to him, these forces have been relocated within three kilometers of the district. Rahimi emphasized that the police force had not been harmed in the tactical retreat. In addition to these districts, Abdul Jamei Jame, a member of the Ghazni Provincial Council, said that the district of the province had fallen to Taliban fighters.

Eight Ghazni districts have fallen to the Taliban since last month. Earlier, the Taliban had taken control of Muqur, Khwaja Omari, Waghez, Deh-e Yak, Jaghato, Qarabagh and Abband districts in the province. Nawa, Ajristan, Giro and Rashidan districts of the province were also previously under Taliban control.

However, the Special Operations Corps has announced on Wednesday that new commando forces have arrived in Ghazni province to suppress the Taliban .

The Special Operations Corps (IRGC) said that fresh troops had been sent to Ghazni province following the escalation of fighting in the province. According to the army, the security and defense forces, with the support of the country’s air force, are set to launch a purge operation in Ghazni.

The troops were sent to Ghazni province after a number of Ghazni representatives reported Taliban attacks on the outskirts of the provincial capital on Tuesday. Nasir Ahmad Faqiri, head of the Ghazni Provincial Council, told Hashte Subh daily that the Taliban had effectively entered the city and clashed with security forces in the first, second, fourth and fifth PDs.

Meanwhile, Sayed Jan Khakrizwal, head of the Kandahar Provincial Council, told the Etilatroz that the Taliban had also taken over the Khakriz district. In the past few days, Maiwand, Maroof and Ghork districts of the province have also fallen to the Taliban.

Meanwhile, local officials in province said that two individuals were killed when irresponsible armed groups clashed in Bagram district, on Wednesday afternoon. Bagram District Governor Lala Shirin Raufi said that the incident happened in Qala-e Nasro area, which also left one wounded. Raufi added that the clash occurred due to personal hostilities.

Also, the Ministry of Public Works reported that a roadside IED destroyed a culvert and part of the road in Kochiha area, near the entrance to Maidan Shahr city, on the Kabul to Kandahar highway on Wednesday morning. The Ministry stated that one lane of the highway has been closed to traffic, due to the incident.

Even, the Afghanistan Telecom Regulatory Authority (ATRA) stated that 51 telecommunications towers have been destroyed or partially damaged due to fighting across the country, over the past three months. ATRA Spokesman Saeed Shinwari told Radio Azadi that the issue has caused $15-17 million USD in financial losses to the telecommunications sector. Shinwari added that 308 towers were also destroyed or partially damaged, last year. called on the public to help secure telecommunications infrastructure and stop attacks to damage them.

In fact, even Deputy chief of mission of US embassy in Kabul Ian said, “We call on the Taliban to end the ongoing violence and return to the negotiating table.” He also added that like US State Department Spokesperson Ned Price said on June 22, “The world will not accept the imposition … by force of a government in Afghanistan.”

Tags

Your comment

Related posts

Latest news