Surrender Of Districts To Taliban Not Pre-planned: Abdullah Abdullah
Afghan Voice Agency (AVA)_ Following the recent collapse of some districts in Afghanistan in recent weeks, #Abdullah_Abdullah, chairman of the High Council for National Reconciliation, said that the surrender of districts is unplanned. “The successive liberation of the districts by the security forces is not part of a regular plan. It is not right that they handed over districts based on a plan,” Abdullah told a meeting of the #Friedrich_Ebert Foundation on Tuesday.
According to him, several factors cause the security forces to leave the districts and areas. Abdullah added, “Despite the fact that the consecutive fall of the districts has caused concern among the people, many support the security forces. We know the situation is bad, but it is the responsibility of all of us to bear the burden and get through the current situation,” he said.
In recent weeks, however, the Taliban have repeatedly claimed to have taken control of some districts; a claim that has always been denied by the Ministry of Defense.
The Ministry of Defense has repeatedly stated that in order to prevent civilian casualties, the security forces have made a tactical retreat, and after a few days, they have regained control of the lost areas. However, referring to the peace talks, Abdullah said that the Afghan government and the #international_community agreed that there was no military solution to the current crisis in Afghanistan; but the Taliban have not been satisfied so far.
According to him, with the withdrawal of foreign troops from Afghanistan, the last reason for the continuation of the war has disappeared and the continuation of this war is no longer legitimate and the only solution is the continuation of peace talks.