Taliban battered in Kandahar, more than a dozen killed: MoD
The Ministry of Defense in a released statement said, 15 Taliban fighters have been killed in operations conducted by Afghan national defense and security forces in the Panjwai district of Kandahar province.
Afghan Voice Agency (AVA)_The ministry stated Wednesday, that ANDSF backed by air support launched an operation in the Panjwai district of Kandahar on Tuesday.
The operation resulted in killing of 15 #Taliban members and wounding 5 others, MoD stated.
According to MoD, some weapons and ammunition belonging to the group was also destroyed amid the operation.
The statement also added that ANDSF discovered and defused 310 various types of IEDs placed to target civilians and security forces in the Arghandab and Panjwai districts of the province.
The Taliban have not yet commented on the incident.
In another security incident, Balkh police headquarters reported two gunmen on a motor cycle sprayed bullets at the guards of the newly constructed Balkh university.
According to the police the incident happened on Wednesday morning, when the gunmen attacked Balkh University’s guards, suspects at large.
Efforts are underway to identify the perpetrators, police said.
Last week, unknown gunmen assassinated the #Chief_Physician for military’s 209th Shaheen Corps.
Balkh province is one of the relatively safest provinces of Afghanistan, but recently it has witnessed targeted attacks on security forces and government employees and the region has turned insecure due to such security incidents.