11 Security Force Members Killed in Kunduz, Balkh: Sources
At least 11 Afghan security force members were killed in two separate attacks by the Taliban in the northern provinces of Kunduz and Balkh provinces on Friday night, sources said.
Afghan Voice Agency (AVA)_Sources said that six security force members were killed in a on an outpost in the Khan Abad district in the northern province of Kunduz on Friday night.
According to sources, five security force members were taken hostage by the Taliban.
Moreover, a security source said that five Taliban were also killed in the attack. The outpost fell to the militants following the attack, sources said.
Officials and the Taliban so far have not commented on the attack.
Meanwhile, five members of the Afghan National Army were killed and two more were wounded in a Taliban attack in Sholgara district, Balkh province, on Friday night, the head of Balkh provincial council, Mohammad Afzal Hadid, said.
He said the attack happened on an outpost in -e-Pahlawan village in the Sholgara district.
Sources said eight security forces members and six Taliban were killed in the clashes.
The sources said that the Taliban set fire to the army outpost and took two Humvee vehicles with them.
The 209 Shaheen Army Corps declined to comment on the clashes, but their spokesman said in a reporters group confirmed the clashes but did not provide details on it.
The Taliban claimed that they have killed 10 soldiers and have taken two of them in the attack.
This comes as at least 30 security force members and civilians were either killed or wounded in attacks and security incidents in 10 provinces on Thursday and Friday.
Maidan Wardak, Balkh, Herat, Ghor, Kandahar, Badghis, Kabul, Paktia and Nangarhar witnessed security incidents in the last two days, according to security agencies.