Code 165944
PublishDate: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 15:28

Over 7,000 Families Displaced As Taliban Attacks Continue In Kunduz

Officials said that due to clashes between the Taliban and the security forces along the Kunduz-Khanabad highway, hundreds of people living on both sides of the road have fled in Khanabad, Hazrat Imam Sahib and Aqtash districts of the province.
Local residents told the media that they had been left without food and shelter since their district was under siege.
The MoRR said they had set up teams to help the internally displaced people.

However, the ministry also said that the number of displaced families in Kunduz has been increasing every day.
Increase of Taliban attacks in Kunduz
Taliban insurgents have intensified their attacks on parts of Kunduz province, most recently attacking the village of Talukeh in central Kunduz province and security checkpoints.
The Ministry of Defence (MoD) said the Taliban attack was repulsed by security forces and 27 Taliban were killed in the clashes.
On the other hand, the MoD announced on Monday that it had cleared the Kunduz-Khanabad highway, which had previously been blocked by the Taliban, and that the highway was open to traffic.

Tags

Your comment

Related posts

Latest news