Code 116320
PublishDate: Friday, December 22, 201712:12

NATO condemns Kabul attack as death toll rises 40 people

AVA- Resolute Support spokesman Lt. Col. Kone Faulkner said “Resolute Support condemns the heinous attack on the Tebyan Social and Cultural Center and the Afghan Voice Agency.”

Lt. Faulkner further added that cultural advancement and freedom of speech will not be deterred. “Our mutual enemies must know they will not win and the Afghan people will not be silenced.”

The Ministry of Interior says at least 40 people have been killed and around 31 others have sustained injuries in the attack.

However, another security official says the attack has likely left over 40 dead and around 100 others wounded.

The official further added that three back to back explosions took place in the area and it is believed two of the explosions were triggered by suicide bombers

No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility behind the attack which takes place days after a similar attack left nearly 9 people dead in Shash Darak diplomatic area of the city.

Your comment

Related posts

Latest news