Code 116297
PublishDate: Thursday, December 28, 201716:44

Ghani orders probe into deadly

AVA- The Office of the President, ARG Palace, in a statement said the relevant authorities have been instructed to launch a probe in a bid to find the circumstances surrounding the incident and help the victims of the incident.

President Ghani condemned the attack in the strongest words as he offered his condolences to the families of those killed in the attack, the statement said.

ARG Palace in its statement also added that the terrorist groups must understand that the Afghan people are committed more than any other time to stand with the Afghan government as they are aware of the conspiracies of the enemies of the country.

The Afghan government reiterated that a clear strategy and will exists for the elimination of the terror groups as the Afghan forces are busy conducting operations against the terror groups across the country.

The Ministry of Interior says at least 40 people have been killed and around 31 others have sustained injuries in the attack.

However, another security official says the attack has likely left over 40 dead and around 100 others wounded.

The official further added that three back to back explosions took place in the area and it is believed two of the explosions were triggered by suicide bombers

No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility behind the attack which takes place days after a similar attack left nearly 9 people dead in Shash Darak diplomatic area of the city.

Your comment

Related posts

Latest news