Recommend to friends
0
 
U.S. Forces Reject Civilian Casualties In Nangarhar Airstrike
Date : Saturday 12 August 2017 09:08
A statement sent by U.S. forces says the airstrike killed a number of militants and destroyed their vehicle in Haska Mina district.

AVA- The U.S. forces in Afghanistan in a statement on Saturday rejected civilian casualties in an airstrike on Thursday evening in Nangarhar province.

According to the statement, a U.S. airstrike killed a number of militants and destroyed their vehicle in the Haska Mina district in Nangarhar.

“The militants were observed loading weapons in to a vehicle and were under surveillance until the vehicle was destroyed by an airstrike,” said Bob Purtiman a spokesman for the U.S. forces in Afghanistan.

“There was zero chance of civilian casualties,” Purtiman added.

This comes after a source from Nangarhar province on Friday claimed that at least ۱۶ civilians were killed in an airstrike carried out by foreign forces in Nangarhar province.

According to the source, the incident took place in Haska Mina district when an airstrike targeted a civilian vehicle on Thursday evening.
The source said women and children were among the victims.

Meanwhile, Nangarhar governor’s spokesman Attaullah Khogyani confirmed the airstrike but said the identity of those killed in the raid is not clear so far.

Share/Save/Bookmark
Story Code: 148062
Source : Afghan Voice Agency(AVA)